I love reading other blogs that write a peek into their daily life. Our life with 2 busy girls and a mobile baby girl is so full and busy and going way too fast for me! So I wanted to write it down for one day to remind me what fun ;) this phase of life is.
Thursday, November 10
6:15 - Wake up after several snoozes on my alarm, fold Charlie Brown shirts in dryer for AK's class, get coffee (aaaahhhhh :)) and do my bible study - LOVE Jesus Calling - and prayer time. (Adam left to go hunting around 5)
6:40 - Check email, facebook, blogs, start online christmas shopping. Send Adam a link to a fab house plan. AK, our early bird, is already up and in bed with me for snuggles. She informs me that I need to change her sheets - they stink. Hmmm... After another minute of snuggling I realize she does too. Gross - looks like I'll be washing tee tee sheets today!
7:15 - Get dressed for the day while AK watches a little tv and plays on my phone. Make bed.
7:30 - Make breakfast (warm frozen zucchini muffins, turkey bacon and AK's staple cinnammon toast crunch). Get lunches , water bottles and snacks ready for school. Unload dishwasher. Make Charley's bottle to have on the road and her breakfast to eat while we volunteer at prek. Wrap birthday gift for Sara for party after school today. Almost forget to write note for Sara to ride home with a friend. Make days to-do list. Get AK dressed, fix her hair.
8:00 - Wake a very sleepy Sara with the bribe to watch T@ylor Swift dvr'd from the CMA's if she will get dressed :). Get Charley up, changed, dressed and attempt to put her down to help Sara. Fail. Drag Sara out of bed playing Mean on TV and get her dressed, hair fixed and breakfast to go.
8:25- Out the door to the car with dressed and partially fed kids and a bag full of yellow dyed shirts for AK's class. Charley in carseat with bottle = happy girl :)
8:34 - Sara at school with literally one minute to spare. ;) if you don't know it already I l.o.v.e. Sara's school! It's the best! Her favorite person Mrs. Angie gets her out, gives big, big hugs and keeps bday present for party later in front office so it won't get messed up.
8:54 - Arrive at Preschool after listening to Dora the entire way. Thankful for my ipod to drown out Dora's screaming voice ;) and Corrie's call to chat. So excited to be early - catch up on Facebook.
9:00 - Help AK's class paint black zig zag stripes on yellow tshirts I had dyed yesterday for the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving lunch next week. Charley hangs in her stroller munching on cheerio's and yogurt melts. Text with realtor regarding house pics for website. Accidently forgot I unbuckled Charley and she is almost completely out of her stroller while I'm in 'deep' convo with AK's teacher probably regarding pinterest or Breaking Dawn - ha!
10:40 - Leave preschool, chat with my sister, swing through Starbucks thinking Charley will nap in car. Fail! Only naps the last 10 minutes and doesn't transfer. BUT stays in her bed for an hour and plays! (hallelujah!!!) Check email- Sara did great on her little AR test on a biography of Miranda Cosgrove she read to herself last night! Yay! Text Stephanie about mongramming.
11:15 - Throw Charley's clothes in washer. Strip girls bunkbeds. Clean girls room. It's a whole days chore in itself. I live for organization. My big girls - not so much! Find 3 day old sugar cookie dough AK snuck while I made her class letter of the week snack on Monday. Nice. A big bag of trash later I'm done! Switch laundry. Talk to my sister, again, this time for about an hour while doing this!
12:15- Charley feeds herself bottle in high chair while I make our dinner - baked ziti. Feed Charley left over green beans and 1/2 banana while making ziti. Clean kitchen. Load dishwasher while Charley plays in one of her favorite spots, the bottom shelf of the fridge. Not the best choice but she loves it! Change laundry - Story. Of. My. Life.
12:50- Put out fall pumpkin collection. Not to be confused with Halloween jack o lanterns! Charley yells DA-DA standing at the back door to the guys mowing our yard. Sorry - not your daddy ;). Throw out dead mums on front porch and stack up Cinderella pumpkins like topiaries on black planters. Charley watches me through front door - babbling and licking door and dumps out all her books. While putting pumpkins out noticed bird poop on my closet door in living room. From a real bird. That entered my house last night. GROSS! Thought I had gotten it all last night. Ugh! Must Clorox entire kitchen and living room - again!
1:15 Play on floor with Miss Priss who giggles and squeals and stands by herself and snots all over me. The usual stuff. :) Pick up her books.
1:30 Finish getting craft supplies prepared for children's church Thanksgiving craft we are making on Sunday.
1:40 Get mail. Go get AK. Check in with Adam who is still doing hunter-y type things. Charley is asleep before we leave the driveway and is woken up by one of AKs teachers who wanted some Charley kisses! I, of course, talk to my friend Corrie most of the way to carline. We hadn't spoken since 11 this morning. ;)
2:00 Immediately go through the wonderfulness that is AKs folder contents while waiting in carline. Her teachers are extraordinary. Side note: found missing tennis shoes she should've worn today in front pocket of her backpack. Instead she wore her clogs which im sure was quiet dramatic. ;) Chat with AK about her day. What they had for snack (life cycle of pumpkin snack). Who she sat by. Who moved their starfish. Etc... We then practiced her Christmas program songs while Charley squealed - Rockin' around the Christmas tree! Good stuff!
2:15 Run into our church to put craft supplies in children's church area and clean up noodles I dyed last night for our craft. Get AK 2 dum-dum suckers from treat box because she has lost the one she got at school.
3:00 - Charley goes down for a real nap (waaaayyyyy later than normal), AK gets a 'special' after school TV time, aka, mommy wants lunch and computer time! Switch laundry - again!
3:07 - Eat lunch and mindlessly wander the Internet. Aaaahhhh! :) :) And get my order ready for the hostess sale for Kelly's Kids tomorrow. Side note: Sara is going home with a sweet friend whose mom is also taking them to a birthday party so no waiting for the bus to come today.
3:30-4:30 - I fold and put away laundry for 1 solid hour. And that is why I cannot get behind again. Or have children wet the bed. Ever. ;)
4:30 Wake Charley. She feeds herself bottle while I put sheets on AKs bed. Then she eats cheesy toast and applesauce for dinner. Bake ziti and make green beans. AK is still watching TV. Don't judge!
5:15 Bewitching hour! Charley is on my hip. To stay. Until bed. Its a phase and im thankful it also doubles as my arm workout! Ha! Put AKs ziti in freezer to cool so we can eat before cheer practice while Charley and AK play for a minute. Literally a minute. Proceed to spill bag of frozen blueberries. Sweep them up.
5:20 - Get AK ready for cheer practice. Sara isn't going tonight so AK has to remember all cheers to teach Sara. We get 'ready' because I'm all Toddlers and Tiaras about cheer practice. Just kidding!
5:30 - AK and I have dinner while looking through Christmas catalogs. Charley dumps ALL her toys out in her kitchen toy baskets.
5:45 - Change charley. Get charley dressed. Leave for practice. More Dora = more iPod :) Although AK can clearly multitask and sings Glorious Day with me while watching Dora. Talent! ;)
6:00 - Cheer Practice. SO thankful for a teen from Church who loves to play with Charley during practice. I check email, chat with other moms the whole 5 seconds charley is content to not be in my lap - bewitching hour. Adam texts that he's home from hunting to meet Sara when she's dropped off from party.
7:00 head home
7:10 - Sara meets me at the door with the biggest pixie stick, glitter eye shadow on and a partial updo complete with 15, yes, 15 bobby pins. I'm going to guess she had a BLAST at the kids salon birthday party. ;)
7:15 - While Sara and I are taking pics of her amazing new look and discussing how she walked down a real runway I notice Charley is chewing on something. A peanut! PANIC!!!!
7:18 - Give charley a bottle with water (she's not a fan of a sippy yet). Check her mouth for signs of I dont what. Just signs. Text my sister who is a nurse to diagnose her via text with anaphylaxis. Or maybe realize I've overreacted. A little.
7:20 - Bath time. It's hair washing night. Blah. Adam and I run an assembly line to get it done quick tonight because he hasn't eaten. Baths and hair washes x 3 + overtired Sara with LOTS of tangles equal meltdown # 1 of night.
7:45 - Brush teeth, allergy meds with no candy to make the meds go down easier = meltdown #2
7:50 - Big girls doing bedtime bible routine with daddy. Sara realizes I forgot her comforter in dryer = meltdown #3 - thats 3 meltdowns in less than 30 minutes. Fabulous!
7:55 - Snuggle and sing/pray with Charley while she finishes bottle she started in her bed due to meltdowns :)
8:05 - Prayers with big girls
8:07 - Pick up toys Charley dumped out at dinner. Load dishwasher, make coffee for in the morning, run to pick up monogrammed dresses for girls to wear to a family lunch and Veterans parade tomorrow. Realized I left Charleys car door open for last hour. Nice.
9:07 - Interrupt Adams show for him to oooh and aaah over monogrammed stuff. Highlight of his day, I'm sure! ;)
9:15 - I'm done and ready for a long, hot bath!!!