Friday, May 2, 2008

The Rest of the Story...

Here's the rest of the birthday-day. SK also went to the doctor for her 3 year old checkup on Tuesday. She is back on the chart for height, still the height of the average 4 year old, but not a half-inch off the chart like she was last year. We figure if the old wives tale is true about doubling height at age 2 to get an idea of how tall she'll be as an adult, she's going to be over 6 foot. Hello basketball scholarship! :)
Waiting to open her 'family' presents. When she opened the Star Station video sing along thing, she looked right at me and said "Mom, I can be Hannah Bontanna!" Nice.
SK got to pick where we ate dinner on Monday. She always has the same choice - chips/sauce. She says it all in one word and never picks anything else. She loves queso and typically eats the whole bowl! The night of her birthday, the waiters sang Happy Birthday to her in Spanish. When I was having our little special mommy time before bed, I asked her if I could sing Happy Birthday just one more time and she said yes, if I sang it like the people did at chips/sauce. Uhh- sorry, my Spanish is not that great!

Here's the FINAL celebration. Whew! What a busy couple of days. We took cookies to her class for her birthday snack.
Miss AK got to join the party at school. Ms. Kara was brave enough to hold her while she ate a cookie! AND, do you see what I see???? That's right, a pony and a bow in sweet little AK's hair! Woo-hoo!
Here's Miss Priss last night. Adam and I were showing SK how to fly her kite and we caught AK sneakily taking a drink of Adam's coke!