(This post is for C, S & J who I have called repeatedly today to tell them of my incredible bargains!)
This morning AK and I dropped SK off at Mother's Day Out and headed to Target to get AK's vitamins. As we leave the vitamin aisle I notice a small crowd gathered down by the toy section. We usually don't venture to toys as I'd rather spend my last $20 on clothes for the girls.... :) But, today I was curious so we headed that way. Unbeknownst to me there was a massive toy clearance being held at Target and I just happened upon it. When I say big toy clearance, I mean BIG! The entire back section of the store, where the Christmas wrapping used to be, was full of toys on clearance for 50% - 75% off.
Now I am usually not at all the pile-everything-you-can-see-in-your -cart-and-buy-it-type-of-gal, as I do not have an 'envelope' allotted for that type of spending! But, today I broke all rules. When I entered the toy section I was pushing a stroller with a very happy baby who waved and cheered for all we bought and ate lots and lots of puff snacks! :) When I left the toy section sweet AK's stroller was full to the brim and I had a cart stacked so high I couldn't see over it.
To sum up my purchases, I now have birthday and Christmas gifts for ALL my neices and nephews (under the age of 10 in TX and TN) for this year, plus, a few baby gifts and quiet a bit for SK and AK. It took two shopping carts and curbside loading to get all my toys home!
Tonight I got my little calculator and added up the savings. Here are the numbers....
What I would have paid full price (including sales tax) - $748.36
What I actually paid - $147ish
How much I saved..... $601.36
So, friends, if you live by a Target (and I haven't already called you) run - don't walk- and take advantage of this amazing sale!
( J, J, & J - SK & AK would like to claim Brooklyn and Hudson for Christmas gifts next year since I got them really, really great gifts today! )
