Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The last week or so...

January is flying by! SK is back in school and finally all well from her weeklong fevery-virus thing. She watched way too much TV and can now sing several commercials (thanks to DVR!). She's very fond of "Hannah Bontana" and some hair accessory thing by conair. Both on Max & Ruby commercials. She's having a blast with all her Christmas toys and especially loves her baby Chou-Chou that gets sick, pack and play (the best last minute idea ever!), and dress up clothes.
She's also very glad to be back at Sunshine school with all her friends. Tonight we played an hour long session of school where I had to call her "Miss Sara." She lined me up, took me potty, fed me pretend snacks and sang Nursrey Rounds (rhymes). The girl has got the teacher lingo down pat! Now, we're just going to work on the personal space issue as she loves to 'teach' me with her nose touching mine.
She changed back to 'wegular' Sara at bedtime so I could sing the 'Jesus' songs. We're teaching her different praise songs each month at bedtime and her current fav is My All in All. She just loves the part about the 'treasure' (she's really into all things princess right now) and can sing most all the words. I'd love to get her on camera. We tried filiming her tonight (for you J &J) but everytime I started she'd say I don't know the words. Oh well! She also developed a LOVE of talking with her hands (sooooo Nannie!) and overusing the word 'actually'.
Today she earned a very special trip to the cookie store and playground at the mall. While we waited on her playdate, we browsed through Payless. She immediately was drawn to a pair of Bratz flip flops (note: we DO NOT do character clothing). She jumped out of the stroller and took her shoes off to try them on. I found an adorable pair of pink and white polka dot flipflops (think J. Crew meets Payless) and told her we could buy them. She absolutely wouldn't hear of it! No, aunt J's, I am not revealing the size of her foot, b/c I don't want the Bratz shoes to show up in my mailbox! :)

Here's Miss Priss in her princess dress and baby Jesus in the manager. As I was making lunch one day last week, she put a changing pad cover over her pack and play and brought it to the kitchen as Jesus in the manager. I also had to call her Mary during lunch! :) Oh, the imagination!

After no playdates or Target runs for over a week, SK was so ready to see a playmate! She wanted to have a playdate and 'make cakes.' No matter what I suggested, she was set on making cakes. So, L came over and we decorated cupcakes with glitter sprinkles. Brooklyn, you can't see her heaband, but, it's on. It is her new hair accessory of choice. I love that she has to choose the color of headband to match her outfit. Now, I must go buy her ones with bows attached!

Then she, L played dressup while AK watched. We love, love this house from PBK, but somehow everytime SK & L get together it becomes a big toy dump. One night in Dec, she and L had been playing so quietly for about 30 minutes. When we checked on them, they had taken EVERYTHING out of SK's kitchen, off her bookcase and started on her closet cubbies and put it all into the house! It took Judy and I forever to dig every baby doll, piece of playfood and puzzle piece out and put them back!

Now for Miss AK! Oh the chunky-monkey! This could be the happiest baby we know (except for Hudson, who has her way beat in infancy!) She just smiles and laughs and playes and jabbers all day! We've heard daddy, ball, bye-bye , she calls Zero something that resembles 'duhg' and can sign for more which I confused with clapping for a while.
She has also found a love of finger foods. And, she does not take this lightly! She can eat a whole bowl of toddler pasta, a cup of drinkable yogurt, half a cup of fruit and leave room for animal crackers. This girl will eat for 45 minutes 3 times a day and that doesn't include bottles! She doesn't care for baby food, she wants the good stuff and wants to feed it to herself!
During SK's week-long sickness saga, I snuck away one evening and told Adam to feed her pasta. I didn't specify to fix her a fresh bowl so he gave her about a tenth of a bowl that was left over in the fridge. She started fussing when he took her out and didn't stop until I got home. Thinking she was probably beginning to get sick (since she wouldn't go to sleep or take a bottle) I gave her a dose of med and put her to bed. After she woke up and hour later it dawned on me to ask Adam what he had fed her. Then we realized she was starving, so at 9:45 we feed her and she ate and ate and ate and went right to sleep! Yes, we starved her and will not make that mistake again!
She had her 9 week checkup last week and was 90% all the way around. She's standing all by herself and putting her hands in the air every we ask "How big is Anna?" She's had several playdates with her friend Macie, too. C and I took the babies to Target last week on the way home sweet M was very hungry and tired. She was beginnning to fuss, so AK (the older of the two) screamed as loud as she could and they both went right to sleep. These two are a match made in heaven!
AK also made her modeling debut, along with SK's return, with 3 Little Monkey's Children's Boutique. They'll be on the web in the next two or three weeks modeling Miss Stephanie's spring line. The girls were both total hams for the camera. SK did exactly what the photographer asked for two hours. Everytime she was finished shooting a group of pictures in an outfit, SK would ask to look at herself on the camera. SCARY!!
If you are still reading this novel, you deserve a cookie! :) Sorry for the wordiness, just trying to remember all the little stuff! Posted by Picasa